J&B Self Storage offers practical solutions for storing appliances and other household furnishings. Here are five tips for getting your appliances ready for storage.
A Few Tips for Storing Appliances
- Store your appliances in their original boxes. While this option is not always possible, if it is, then by all means do so. It’s the safest and most practical way to store your appliances.
- Unplug your refrigerator at least three days before you store it. Ice makers and water lines should be drained. The compartments need to be dry. Everything should be defrosted. The electrical cords are taped down. And a spacer needs to be used to keep the door ajar to prevent mildew.
- Stoves should be clean. All knobs and electrical cords should be taped down. Be sure to be careful when disconnecting a gas-powered stove.
- Dryers should have lint traps emptied. Lint is highly combustible. Dryer fires are pretty common. Be sure to secure the hoses and connectors and pad the crushable hoses with bubble wrap to prevent damage in storage.
- Washing machines should be clean and dry. Leave the front or top open for one day before you transport it to storage. Make sure all water is drained from the tub and hoses. And give it ample time to dry.
J&B Self Storage in Amarillo has 231 self storage units with more than 43,500 square feet of rentable storage space. We offer move-in specials, low prices, great value, convenient location and hassle-free service. Give us a call today at (806) 359-1371.